Neither was as I and before you go on blaming your genes (again!)...listen up:
Self-confidence, according to psychology, is NOT a pre-determined biological gift or lack from your parents.
Confidence is solely a skill which you can learn how to master and just like any other skill it takes practice.
But one thing you should know is that self-confidence needs to come from within.
Anyone can have temporary confidence due to hard work and achievements. However if you don’t build a solid foundation of trust within yourself, any sense of pride and accomplishment will be short lived.
If you would like to increase your self-confidence from the inside out you can start right now by following my 8 top tips:
- Create a list of things you are good at.
- Think about the biggest challenge you overcame.
- Chose which areas in your life you’d like to be more confident.
- Learn something new.
- Break down your main goal into actionable steps.
- Ask for help.
- Be patient.
- Celebrate your achievements along the way.
What area of your life would you like to improve? Comment below!